Turmeric is a plant extract which has many benefits. The powder from the rhizomes has been used as a spice in Indian food for centuries. It is a natural cosmetic and use of turmeric on our skin can cure many ailments.
- Acne Treatment – Acne is a major problem among youth, and especially in today’s polluted air.A face pack made from turmeric powder and sandalwood reduces pimple. The antiseptic and antibacterial property helps fight infections and give a glow to your skin.
- Natural face mask for oily skin – A natural face mask made from turmeric, sandalwood in orange juice, is perfect for oily skin.It helps remove blemishes. The face pack is made using half spoon of sandalwood powder, a pinch of turmeric and orange juice. Just apply leave for 15 minutes and remove using lukewarm water. The result is refreshing and you will feel it.
- Natural face mask for dry skin – Turmeric is also beneficial for dry skin type. A face mask made with egg white,two drops of olive oil, lemon juice and rose-water with a pinch of turmeric is ideal for dry skin. Apply and wash with warm water after 15 minutes to get a fresh feel.
- Anti Ageing – Turmeric is a natural exfoliation agent and a paste made of equal parts of turmeric and gram powder is ideal for whole body application.The mixture is made into a paste using milk to give the desired effect.
- Wrinkle treatment – A great remedy for wrinkles and dark circles. Just apply a mixture of rice flour and turmeric powder in milk all over face and neck. Leave it to dry for half an hour and rinse with cold water.
There are many benefits of turmeric for hair and also for the stomach. I will discuss that in the next blog.